So glad you have stopped by for the Scrapbook Heaven "Dads and Grads" Blog Hop & Crop. If you have no idea what I am talking about, check out the details http://scrapbookheavenga.blogspot.com/2010/06/dads-and-grads-blog-hop-crop.html here!
Here is a card I created for my DH/Dad for their special day. I encourage you to give it a try, use it as a card, LO header or on anything else you can think of. It is alot easier to make than it looks. Here's how its done:
chipboard letters of choice, about 2" inch in size
* I made a template first using a sheet of scrap paper, strongly recommended.
1. Line up your letters on your card stock, leaving about a 1" border all around the edge.
2. Trace around your letters with a pencil.
3. Mark the negative space that you will cut out. Cut it out.
4. Trim your cardstock to the finished card size.
5. Apply glue to the front of the cardstock, all over. Place patterned paper on the glue.
6. Flip your card over and cut out the negative space again.
7. Sand any rough edges of the negative space.
8. Apply your chipboard letters to the front of the card and embellish as desired.
Now it’s your turn! Create a project using this tutorial and upload it to the http://www.scrapbookheavenga.com/gallery2/showgallery.php?cat=698]Scrapbook Heaven Gallery by June 18th. Feel free to post a link to your project in the comments section here as well. One lucky random winner will be selected to receive an asst. of ribbon from me.
Be sure to return to the http://scrapbookheavenga.blogspot.com/tomorrow to see what your next stop is.